Lavender is amazing and extremely versatile. It’s one of my favorite essential oils and I use it every day.
Here are 7 ways to use lavender essential oil:
- Hand lotion // add a few drops of lavender to a tablespoon of shea butter to nourish your skin
- Add it to your clothes dryer // place a few drops of lavender on dryer balls and throw them in with your wet clothes
- Diffuse it // drip 5-7 drops of lavender into the water you’ve added to your diffuser and turn it on to add a sense of calm to your space
- Linen spray // add 1 drop of a carrier oil to a glass spray bottle, then add 1/2 cup of water and spray your linen for a more restful sleep
- Combine with Epsom Salt in the Bath // add lavender to the Epsom Salt and add it to your warm bath water for a calming spa-like experience
- Body scrub // place 1/4 cup of brown sugar in a bowl with 1/4 cup of white sugar, add 10 drops of lavender and rub on the area of skin you want to exfoliate
- Skin irritations // add 2 drops of lavender to a teaspoon of coconut oil and rub it on the irritated area to soothe it
Lavender’s calming properties lends itself well to many areas of your everyday life. It’s a great oil to have whether you’re a beginner or well seasoned oil user, and a must have for every home.
Let me know how you like to use Lavender essential oil in the comments below.
New to essential oils? Click here to start enhancing your wellness with oils.