An herbal steam is an effective natural remedy that can be used in a variety of ways.
Using relatively easy to find items, an herbal steam has the ability to relieve congestion, cause you to relax and give you a great at home facial.
You’ll only need a bowl, towel, water and herbs for the first herbal steam method, and these simple steps.
- Pour boiling water into a bowl.
- Add your herbs so they can steep in the water.
- Place the bowl on a heat safe surface, in a position that will be comfortable to lean over for a while.
- Place a towel over your head, making a tent over your head and the bowl as you lean over the bowl to inhale and allow the steam to come in contact with your skin.
- Stay over the steam for 20-30 minutes
The next method uses your shower to create an herbal steam.
- Start by bundling fresh herbs or flowers. Eucalyptus, lavender and mint are popular choices.
- Tie the bundle to your shower head, out of the direct stream of the water.
- Turn on the hot water. The heat will release the essential oils from the plant bundle, giving you the relief and healing you desire.
These quick and powerful herbal steams provide a simple and natural way to enhance your overall well-being.
So tell me, have you ever used an herbal steam or will you give it a try now that you know the process?