Anytime is a great time to start an indoor herb garden.
Whether you want to enhance the flavor of your food with your own homegrown fresh herbs or quickly pack extra nutrients into your meals, an herb garden can help you do it.
Some common herbs to add to your indoor garden include:
To begin, you’ll need a little space and a little light. Then choose your preferred container. Get as creative as you’d like. You can grow your herb garden in:
- Mason jars
- Coffee pots
- Window boxes
- Ceramic Pots
- Hanging baskets
Whatever works for you and your space.
- When planting your herbs.
- choose which herbs you want to grow and the container you want to grow them in
- make sure that herbs that like to stretch out their roots, such as mint, have enough space
- put similar herbs that thrive together, like basil, cilantro and parsley in the same pot – unless, you’re giving each herb it’s own space
- make sure there’s enough space for the water to drain
So get started! Select your soil, plant those seeds and watch your herbs grow.
Do you grown your own herbs or have a garden? Let me know in the comments.