CBD, short for cannabidiol, is a plant-based compound found in hemp. Pure CBD, known as CBD isolate, contains no THC, the mind-altering chemical found in marijuana. This means you can take CBD without worrying about the effects of THC, or getting high.
In 2018, CBD oil that has been extracted from hemp plants became federally legal if they contain less than 0.3 percent THC. CBD products that contain THC are not legal in all 50 states.
CBD oil is a natural remedy for a wide range of ailments and can be applied topically, directly to the skin.
CBD has been shown to reduce the symptoms of some skin conditions, such as acne and psoriasis and can also aid in reducing redness experienced by those with dermatitis.
CBD has also been shown to be a cytoprotective antioxidant, which means it helps the body protect itself from damage caused by free radicals and environmental toxins.
CBD acts as a serotonin receptor antagonist and can reduce anxiety, depression, pain and inflammation.
CBD is generally safe, however; it’s important to do your research on the company that you’re buying from and to remember that everyone’s body reacts differently.
It’s recommended that you test a small area of skin when using CBD products for the first time. If you notice any itching or swelling, you should wash off the product immediately.
There are endless ways to use CBD. Here are a few ideas:
- Place a drop of a citrus – orange, lemon, tangerine, lime – infused CBD oil into the palm of your hands and inhale first thing in the morning
- Massage a mint – peppermint, spearmint – infused CBD oil into your skin after a workout for a cooling, invigorating sensation
- Apply your CBD muscle rub to soothe sore muscles as a part of your post workout routine
- Rub a cinnamon infused CBD oil to your wrists as you transition from one meeting to the next for a warm and uplifting aroma
- Add a rose infused CBD oil to your skincare routine
- Swipe a lavender or ylang ylang infused CBD oil on the back of your neck to calm chaotic days
Where do I get CBD from?
I personally get CBD from Nature’s Ultra. Their products are exclusively infused with Young Living essential oils.
Want to try CBD Oil for yourself? Click here to get started.
Tell me how you’d personally use CBD oil in the comments.